The annual ASYC regatta was held on the weekend of the 11th & 12th of August. The event was attended by 42 boats with starts for RS400, Laser, Laser Radial, D-Zero, Blaze, Solo & Handicap.
On the Saturday, a light southerly breeze appeared in time for the first race which gently built over the afternoon. All fleets behaved impeccably with 3 races being completed at the first attempt. The conditions brought close racing and all to play for on the Sunday.
A BBQ was held after racing on the Saturday evening with a great atmosphere in the bar as the sailors debated the day’s proceedings.
Overnight the breeze had filled in and Sunday looked like being a more interesting affair.
As the fleet launched the breeze dropped and left a short swell with a strong rising tide. 3 races were run with quick turnaround to ensure the 6 race weekend format was completed, making the best of the conditions. Overall weekend results for the 7 fleets were:
1. Stewart & Sarah Robertson Royal Forth YC
2. Jon Gray & Amanda Henderson Lochaber YC
3. Bob & Nadia Yeamans Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
1. Willie Todd Largs SC
2. Kevan Gibb Largo Bay SC
3. Keith Milroy St Mary’s Loch
1. Peter Malcolm Largo Bay SC
2. Bruce Birell Largo Bay SC
3. Marcus Kirkby Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
1. Fraser Cowie Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
2. Alistair Colliar Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
1. Francis Neill Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
2. Andrew Grant Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
3. Iain Pittendreigh Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
1. Jon Bassett Largs SC
2. Niel Ritchie Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
3. Martin Latimer Largs SC
1. Katie & Lynne Skinner RS200 Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
2. Matthew McLullich 4.7 Aberdeen & Stonehaven YC
3. Ben Birrell 4.7 Largo Bay SC
Thanks again to our regatta sponsors, Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven and we look forward to welcoming the fleets back in 2019.